San Luis Obispo, CA – In there second meet of the season, the Bear Cubs traveled five hours down the 101 to compete in the second annual Wildcat Cup hosted by Cuesta College. The Men's team finished 3rd overall with top performances in the Relays, High Jump, Long Jump, and Triple Jump.
Sophomore Jumper, Duilio Froes was a double winner in Long Jump and the Triple Jump. Improving on his previous marks, Froes jumped 6.46m(21'2.25") in the Long Jump and 13.62m(44'8.25") in the Triple Jump.
The High Jumping trio of Waisea Jikoiono, Jacob Williams, and Ross Sceales scored big points with a first, second and fourth place finish. Jikoiono cleared 2.00m (6'6.75") his third time over two meters in his JC career.
The relays teams had a solid showing with a pair of season best marks. The Men's 4x100m relay team of Coffey, Luis, Segura, and Love finished 2nd with a time of 42.89. The 4x400 relay team of Coffey, Love, Luis, Segura took the win with a time of 3:26.75.
Men's Team Results
- Hartnell 155.5
- Cuesta 152
- Santa Rosa 105
- Modesto JC 55
- Yuba 54.5
- Chabot 23
- Santa Barbara 22
Top Men's Results
- 100m – 2nd, Demetre Coffey, 11.21
- 200m – 4th, Jalydon Love, 22.49
- 800m – 3rd, Brandon Alvarado, 2:03.91; 4th, Conor Schott, 2:04.63; 5th, Zack Passalaqua, 2:04.97
- 1500m – 5th, Bailey Williams, 4:17.10
- High Jump – 1st, Waisea Jikoiono, 2.00m(6'6.75"), 2nd, Jacob Williams, 1.95m (6'4.75"), 4th , Ross Sceales, 1.80m(5'10.75")
- Javelin – 4th, Zack Nelson, 43.01m(141'1.25")
- Long Jump – 1st Duilio Froes, 6.46m (21'2.25")
- Pole Vault – 4th, Nick Dolan, 4.27m(14'0")
- Triple Jump – 1st, Duilio Froes, 13.62m (44'8.25")
- 4x100m – 2nd, Coffey, Luis, Segura, Love, 42.89
- 4x400m – 1st, Coffey, Love, Luis, Segura, 3:26.75