ATHLETIC ACADEMIC COUNSELORS: Location: Bertolini, Counseling Department, 2nd Floor
Weekly Athletic Drop-in Hours: Contact Filomena Avila by e-mail at email@example.com for weekly drop-in hours or call the Counseling Department at 707-527-4451. Athletic counselors are available on a drop-in basis only, no appointments.
Every student-athlete at SRJC meets with an Athletic Academic Counselor each semester to ensure that they stay on track regarding athletic and academic eligibility, along with preparing for graduation and/or transfer. There are several avenues in which you can/will meet with the Athletic Academic Counselor:
- Mandatory Individual Meetings (scheduled by coach once per semester)
- Weekly Athletic Drop-In
- Initial Education Planning for all incoming freshmen
What to do to prepare for your meeting with the Athletic Academic Counselor:
- Know your purpose! Write down any questions you may have and do your own research on discussion items prior to your arrival.
- If you have not completed your math and/or English placement exam, please go to the Assessment office in Plover Hall and take care of these placements ASAP. It is not possible to plan accurately without knowledge of your English and math placement. Go to the SRJC Assessment Services web page to find information on our English and Math JAM Sessions (crash review courses).
- If you have not submitted transcripts from all coursework previously taken at any college and/or AP scores, please have official transcripts/test scores sent to SRJC Admissions and Records immediately. You MUST bring an unofficial copy of your transcripts to your meeting with the Athletic Academic Counselor if they are not in Admissions and Records.
What to do when you arrive to meet with the Athletic Academic Counselor:
- Check in at the front desk. Have your Student ID number available. Please tell the person working at the front desk that you are there to see the Athletic Academic Counselor and that you are a student-athlete (also let them know what sport you play).
- The line can at times be long so be prepared to wait. Come with homework to work on in the waiting room. The Athletic Academic Counselor will call you when it is your turn.
Helpful SRJC Links:
Getting Started at SRJC (for new students)
SRJC Admissions and Records
SRJC Assessment Services
Helpful Athletic Eligiblity Links:
SRJC Athletic and Transfer Eligibility Basics
NCAA Eligibility Center
NCAA Transfer 101
NAIA Transfer Eligibility
SRJC Transfer Center