- CCCAA Swim & Dive Coaches Association President, Current
- 2015 CCCAA State Women's Coach of the Year, State Champions
- 2015 Big 8 Conference Women’s Coach of the Year, Conference Champions
- 2014 Big 8 Conference Women’s Coach of the Year, Conference Champions
- 2012 CCCAA State Men’s Coach of the Year, State Champions
- 2012 Big 8 Conference Men’s Coach of the Year, Conference Champions
- 2011 Big Eight Conference Men’s Coach of the Year, Conference Champions
- 2009 CCCAA State Women’s Coach of the Year, State Champions
- 2009 Big 8 Conference Men’s & Women’s Coach of the Year, Conference Champions
- 2008 CCCAA State Women’s Coach of the Year, State Champions
- 2008 Big 8 Conference Women’s Coach of the Year, Conference Champions
- 2007 CCCAA State Women’s Coach of the Year
- 2007 Big 7 Conference Women’s Coach of the Year
- 2005 CCCAA State Women’s Coach of the Year, State Champions
- 2004 CCCAA State Women’s Coach of the Year, State Champions
- 2004 Bay Valley Conference Women’s Coach of the Year, Conference Champions
Jill McCormick enters her 23rd season at the helm of SRJC’s Men's and Women's Swim & Dive program. Since arriving at Santa Rosa, McCormick has led the Bear Cubs to six California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) state team titles and eight conference titles. In that time she has produced, 14 national champions, over 65 state and conference champions, over 300 All Americans, 156 Academic All Americans, four CCCAA State Swimmers/Divers of the Year, six state records, 19 Conference Swimmers/Divers of the Year, over 200 All Conference athletes, 34 conference meet records, and has broken 104 school records.
In our return to action in the 2022 season we had a strong performance at both the conference and state level, and the team had twelve athletes recognized as All Americans. Under McCormick’s leadership the SRJC men’s swim and dive team has finished in the top 3 in the state six times, in the top 5 ten times, and in the top 10 fifteen times. McCormick has never failed to qualify a team for the State Championship Meet during her career.
McCormick is a faculty member in the Kinesiology, Athletics and Dance Department and has taught and coached at SRJC since the Fall of 2000. McCormick was also SRJC’s head women’s water polo coach for 14 years.
Prior to taking over the men’s swim and dive program in 2001, McCormick was an English teacher at Piner High School, in Santa Rosa, CA where she was also the head swim coach for six years. She has been coaching swimming for over 25 years including positions with the Santa Rosa Neptunes, Piner and Florin High School, and the UC Davis women’s team.
McCormick went undefeated in the North Bay League as a varsity swimmer at Montgomery High School. After graduation she was an All American backstroker for the Bear Cubs, and later transferred to finished her swimming career at the University of California, Davis. As an Aggie McCormick was team captain as well as an All Conference and All Academic Athlete.
McCormick graduated Summa Cum Laude from UC Davis with a Bachelors Degree in English, with minors in Education and Kinesiology, as well as with a single-subject teaching credential. She received her Masters in Education with an emphasis in Athletes and Academic Achievement from the University of California, Berkeley.
McCormick is a crossfit athlete and still trains and competes in masters swimming occasionally. She is a proud Santa Rosa native and loves spending time with her husband Peter and her sons Lucas and Jack all of whom swam in college as well.