SRJC Men's Swimming, 3C2A State Championship Meet performance was led by young, freshman talent last weekend at East Los Angeles College.
Andrew Morris finished 4th in the 100 Back (51.50), 7th in the 200 Back (1:53.31), and 10th in the 200 IM (1:54.03). He also posted a state ranking 100 Free time (46.75) in his lead off split during the 400 Free relay and swam a strong anchor leg on the 800 Free relay as well (1:44.16).
Teammate Greyson McCaw also represented the Bear Cubs well finsihing 14th in the 200 Free (1:46.06), 14th in the 200 Back (2:00.04), and 15th in the 500 Free (4:51.03) and posting strong split times on four of their five relays.
The Cubs qualified all 5 relays to the state finals as well finishing:
- 16th in the 200 Free (1:33.95) - Juan Madrigal, Dante Martinez, Fernando Soto Ceron, Teophil Labus
- 12th in the 400 Medley (3:35.34) - Morris, Labus, Madrigal, McCaw
- 15th in the 200 Medley (1:38.42) - Morris, Soto Ceron, Madrigal, McCaw
- 10th in the 800 Free (7:15.12) - McCaw, Martinez, Madrigal, Morris
- 15th in the 400 Medley (3:13.89) - Morris, McCaw, Madrigal, Martinez
Congratulations to SRJC's Men's Swim team on their 14th place overall team finish.
Complete results can be viewed at: 2023 3C2A State Swimming & Diving Championships Results