INCOMING NEW STUDENT ATHLETE CHECKLIST
Athletic Academic Counselors: Location: Bertolini, Counseling Department, 2nd Floor
Robert Tuico (707) 524-1557 email@example.com
John Daly (707) 527-4451 firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly Athletic Drop-in Hours:
For hours, email the counselors directly or call the Counseling Department at 707-527-4451.
STEPS FOR NEW STUDENT ATHLETES (Printer Friendly Version)
- Contact your designated sport coach: http://www.srjcathletics.com/prospective_athletes/first_contact_form
- Apply online: www.santarosa.edu/apply
- Apply for financial aid and scholarships: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Assessment: Check placement results in your student portal or contact the Assessment Department regarding the current placement process. Santa Rosa Office, (707) 527-4661. Please refer to the assessment website at https://assessment.santarosa.edu/ab705
- Enroll in and complete Counseling 270: Introduction to College or complete the online orientation: https://counseling.santarosa.edu/online-orientation
- Meet with an athletic academic counselor for an educational plan.
- Attend mandatory Student Athlete Orientation Day, Wednesday, August 12th, 2020. Your coach will give you more details.
- Have official high school transcripts, AP/IB and/or official transcripts from other colleges sent to SRJC. You must also submit a "Transfer Credit Request” form online found at http://admissions.santarosa.edu/forms to receive college credit.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO BEFORE GETTING STARTED AT SRJC:
1. Apply for Financial Aid by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- You can contact SRJC Financial Services for assistance: https://financialaid.santarosa.edu/.
- AB540 students should apply for the CA Dream Act at https://dream.csac.ca.gov/.
- Students that graduate high school during the 2018-2019 school year and have a GPA of 2.75 or higher (unweighted) should apply for the Doyle Scholarship. Students with a GPA between 2.0 - 2.75 should apply for the Doyle Trustee Award. Information can be found here: https://doyle.santarosa.edu/
2. Send transcripts from other colleges and AP/IB Test Scores
- Have official high school transcripts sent to SRJC Admissions and Records https://admissions.santarosa.edu/incoming-sending-transcripts-srjc
- Have Advanced Placement test scores (3 or higher) and transcripts for coursework completed at another college sent to SRJC Admissions and Records. You must also submit a "Transfer Credit Evaluation Form" online found at: http://admissions.santarosa.edu/forms to receive college credit.
3. NCAA Eligibility Center (otherwise knows and Eligibility Clearing House)
- If you have goals of transferring and competing at an NCAA Division I or Division II institution, it is vital that you determine whether you are a qualifier or non qualifier, which is based on your high school academic record. See the NCAA Qualifier Quick Reference Guide for more information:http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Quick_Reference_Sheet.pdf
- Qualifiers and Non qualifiers follow a different set of transfer rules. You MUST register with the NCAA Eligibility Center at http://www.ncaaeligibilitycenter.org to officially make this determination.
- Have high school official transcripts and SAT/ACT scores sent to the NCAA Eligibility Center.