SRJC Women's Cross Country team continues to grow into one of the premier programs in the north. Heading into his forth year at the helm, Coach Wellman is excited about the upcoming season. "We have a good mix of solid returners and recruits," said Wellman, "our strength will be the key to our success."
This year, the Bear Cubs bring in three freshmen to bolster their three returners.
- Ana Drake-Tripp – Freshman, Healdsburg. Finished second at SCL finals, State Individual Qualifier and selected from first team All-Empire, Drake-Tripp will be a force to reckon with this coming season.
- Gracie Issel – Freshman, Maria Carrillo. Running a season's best at the end of her cross country season of 21:06 at Spring Lake, Issel has the talent to be one of the top runners in the conference.
- Jocelyn Mobley – Freshman, Analy High School. A utility runner when it comes to track, Mobley can Hurdle, Long Jump, and run a solid 800m. Her endurance and power will shine on the trails this cross country season.
- Irma Olvera – Freshman, Santa Rosa. Following an injury that ended her season before it started last year, Olvera is a (super) Freshman. A Mid-distance runner during the track season, Olvera has a lot of speed that will help her get out strong early on.
- Erica Ruiz – Sophomore, Rancho Cotate. Coming off a breakout season in track where she finished 8th in the State for the 1500m, Ruiz will continue to be a dominant force in northern California. Ruiz has put in good work over the summer; look for her to be one of the top runners in the state.
- Meaghan Woody – Sophomore, Santa Rosa. Ready for her second season Woody has put in a lot of work over the summer and will surprise some people this year. If this is any indication of how much she will improve, in her last 5000m race during track, Woody had a one minute PR.