SRJC Women's Swimming & Diving finished 3rd overall at the CCCAA State Championship Meet last weekend, making it the 12th time in school history they have finished in the top 3.
Three new school records were broken including Jasmine Alger's 3rd place finish in the 200 Fly 2:11.32, Taylor Sargis 2nd place finish in the 100 Breast 1:04.97, and Mary Lane's 3rd place finish in the 400 IM 4:40.41.
Other stand out performances included Hailey Vance's 2nd place finish in the 100 Back and 3rd place finish in the 200 Back; Sargis's 3rd place finishes in the 200 IM and 200 Breast; Lucia Mora's 4th and 5th place finishes in the 100 and 200 breaststrokes; Lane's 7th place finish in the 200 IM; Elana Candiotti's 7th place finish on the 1M board. The women's relay team of Vance, Mora, Sargis, and Annika Erickson finished 2nd in the 200 Medley as well.
Congrats to the Bear Cubs on their successful season.
SRJC's Point Scorers:
- Taylor Sargis: 200 IM 3rd, 100 Breast 2nd (SRJC record), 200 Breast 3rd
- Hailey Vance: 50 Free 10th, 100 Back 2nd, 200 Back 3rd
- Lucia Mora: 100 Breast 4th, 200 Breast 5th
- Mary Lane: 200 IM 7th, 400 IM 3rd (SRJC record), 1650 Free 15th
- Jasmine Alger: 400 IM 12th, 100 Fly 14th, 200 Fly 3rd (SRJC record)
- Elana Candiotti: 1M Diving 7th, 3M Diving 10th
- Annika Erickson: 200 IM 13th
- Lizzie Walls: 3M Diving 14th
- Jordan Jayne: 200 Fly 15th
- SRJC Relays: 200 Free 12th, 400 Medley 4th, 200 Medley 2nd, 800 Free 9th, 400 Free 9th